Embracing a healthy lifestyle is a personal decision.
A wholesome lifestyle entails regular exercise and a balanced diet rich in essential nutrients like fiber, protein, and calories.
Adequate sleep is crucial to support muscle recovery from the strains of vigorous workouts.
However, despite our best efforts, the risk of injury remains, and mortality is an inevitable part of life.
This is where insurance plays a vital role. Insurance policies shield individuals from various financial burdens.
● Car insurance is required to reimburse you in cases of vehicle theft or car collision.
● Home insurance covers damages to your home through natural causes, vandalism, or theft.
● Liability insurance helps you in case you make a mistake at your workplace.
Health and Life insurance comes into play when you fall ill, have a disease, or die.
Your premiums will reap benefits at such time so your family does not face financial burdens.
Integral Aspects of Both Policies
These policies share some similarities and provide financial coverage in times of need.
● Both these policies ensure that your family’s financial stability is taken care of expenses when you fall ill or leave for your heavenly abode.
● Your family and loved ones won’t have to suffer a financial crisis when they are bereaving you.
● They both are a great investment as it is integral for financial wellness after your passing.
Let’s discuss the working of both these insurance policies.
|Aspect||Health Insurance||Life Insurance|
|Purpose||Covers medical expenses when injured or ill||Provides a payout to beneficiaries after the policyholder’s death|
|Coverage||Varies among insurers; some offer full coverage, others partial||Payout to beneficiaries upon the policyholder’s death|
|Premium Amount||Premium amount varies based on policy and coverage||Premium paid for specified coverage period|
|Who Should Prefer||Individuals needing medical coverage for illnesses or injuries||Sole earners supporting dependent family members|
|Supplemental Coverage||Necessary for additional services not covered by the universal healthcare system||N/A|
|Coverage in Canada||Emergency visits, surgeries, mental health therapy, and more||Payout to beneficiaries|
|Additional Services||Dental care, counseling, ambulance fees, vision care, prescriptions, massage therapy, physiotherapy, chiropractic treatment, and more||N/A|
|Types of Policies||N/A||Universal life insurance, whole life insurance, term life insurance|
|Policy Selection||Choose policies based on personal health and medical needs||Choose policies based on financial needs and dependents|
Health Insurance in Canada
An insurance that covers your expenses when you have an injury or suffer any illness.
● The coverage varies for different insurance policy insurers.
● Some insurance policies have full coverage at the time of expenses, and some only a portion.
● It depends on the premium amount of the insurance policy or contract.
Who Should Prefer Health Insurance Over Life Insurance?
It is integral for a policy owner to understand their requirements and then choose a policy.
● Despite age or physical fitness, a person might have to visit the healthcare system in Canada to get rid of their illness or after an accident.
● Health insurance covers the expenses in such scenarios, so you don’t have to pay the medical care expenses that can be costly in some cases.
● You pay a premium for some coverage that covers your expenses in times of need.
A universal healthcare system provides basic healthcare facilities to citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
However, supplemental insurance is also imperative to buy as you might face any emergency such as requiring dental care, for problems regarding eyesight, or several prescriptions.
● If you are traveling abroad or out of your province, the universal care system might not cover expenses regarding medical care expenses.
Travel insurance covers medical care expenses if you’re traveling abroad or are out of your province.
● Nobody is accident or illness-prone, so health insurance is worth its premium as medical expenses are expensive.
● If you are not insured, you would have to pay these bills, which might cause a stir in your financial stability.
Health Insurance Coverage in Canada
Due to a well-built, publicly-funded universal healthcare system in Canada,
It means you are covered in such cases:
● Emergency visits to the doctor, birth of a child, broken bone repair, stitches, surgeries, or mental health therapy.
● You don’t have to pay expenses in such scenarios.
However, how much you are covered and to what degree depends on your province.
Some of the things that the universal healthcare system in Canada does not cover are:
● Dental Care
● Ambulance fee
● Vision care
● Massage therapy, physiotherapy, or chiropractic treatment.
Such additional services are covered through private medical coverage. Your employer might offer this coverage, or you can purchase it.
Life Insurance in Canada
Life Insurance is similar to health insurance, except your beneficiaries will get the payout when you leave for your heavenly abode.
● Think of it as the emergency fund that your family can use after your passing.
● It can be your best decision to buy this insurance as it can be used by your family in dire circumstances.
Your insurer provides your family a specified amount for your paid premium.
Who Should Prefer Life Insurance Over Health Insurance?
Life insurance is the perfect investment for people who are the sole earners of a dependent family.
● If you have a spouse and a kid, or your parents who cannot support themselves financially having a life insurance is the safest bet.
● When you can no longer serve your family and loved ones, this insurance will cover finances for your family.
Even if you have an earning spouse or parents, you should buy this insurance to have additional protection from any financial crisis that they can suffer after your passing.
Life Insurance Coverage in Canada
There are different types of policies that cover various financial aspects, so you must choose the policy that suits your financial needs.
Some life insurance policies are:
- Universal life insurance: This insurance offers lifetime coverage and accumulates wealth over time. The death benefit and the policy’s cash value are the policy premiums you must pay.
- Whole life insurance: Whole life insurance is similar to universal life insurance and offers lifetime coverage. The payout is given upon the policyholder’s death.
- Term life insurance: This insurance covers a specific time (10 – 30 years). When the person dies at this period, his beneficiaries receive a payout.
It is a large market, and you must know how to choose the right policy that suits you financially.
Life and health insurance are policies that are worth investing in. You can choose whether to buy a life or health insurance according to your financial needs.