Everyone wants to ace the art of making money, and it is understandable. Money is the most essential part of living life.
People are so busy making money that they ignore the other integral aspect, which is to save money for any financial mishap that could happen to anyone, anytime.
No matter how huge or small your total income is, you should incorporate a strategy to save whatever amount you can.
You don’t need to burden yourself by taking a huge step to save money. Saving small chuck of money gradually over time will help you live your life to the fullest.
Here are some small steps that you can take to save money and have a financially stable future.
1. Automating Your Transfers
The initial step you can take that requires practically nothing is setting up automatic transfers from your chequing account to your savings account.
- By setting up automatic transfers a part of your income will automatically transfer to your savings account.
- Think of this as saving money for your future.
- You must mentally prepare yourself and think the leftover income from your chequing account is your total income.
- It will help you cope with the fact that you are not getting less paid, furthermore, it will help you save a large chunk of money gradually.
Some digital apps that do this work of setting up automatic transfers for you such as Qapital and Digit.
- By using these apps, you do not have to stress transferring money monthly from your chequing account to your savings account.
- You can save your precious time and energy by using this app, as it automatically sends your specified amount to your account.
2. Saving Physical Money
Another small step that you can take to save money is by keeping aside any amount of money whenever you can.
- No matter how small you save, you must not underestimate this fact as it can help you save a lot of money in the future.
- Save a small amount whenever you can, when the amount is sizeable, you can deposit it in your savings account.
You must also incorporate using physical money in your daily spending as you will be more cautious while spending physical money as opposed to using a credit card for shopping.
It is one of the best strategies for long-term savings because it will not benefit you overnight but will help you gradually over time.
3. Say No To Restaurants
One of the easiest tricks in our article that you can use to save money is cooking and eating homemade food while trying to avoid restaurants as much as you can.
- In our busy schedules, we opt for restaurant dining because it is more convenient than cooking food in our homes.
- It messes up our budget, and we spend more than we bargained for.
- You can cut this expense by cooking at home, it will save you money and make you a good cook!
If you still want to eat at restaurants, you must decrease the frequency of visiting any.
- You can also opt for several credit cards that reward you for restaurant spending.
- Your friends and colleagues shall split the bill to maximize savings.
- Skipping drinks and desserts to maximize savings is essential
4. Online Shopping
Nowadays, online shopping gives us the convenience of buying almost everything from your device.
It is also convenient as your product is delivered right to your doorstep.
- However, you can tweak your habit a bit to save money.
- You must not save your billing option on your online shopping account. Repeatedly giving your shipping address and credit card details will make it inconvenient for you to shop online.
It can potentially save you money.
5.Efficient and Budget-Friendly Grocery Shopping
Whenever you need to buy groceries, go through your pantry and jot down what are you missing?
- Prepare a list of stuff you need to buy before visiting a shop for groceries can help you stop impulsive buying.
- Using a cashback card for grocery shopping will help you earn cashback.
- A few cashback cards offer 5% – 6% cashback.
- However, while using a cashback card, make sure you pay your debt on the due date so you do not end up in a debt spiral, because it is hard to get out of it.
If you shop for groceries at retail stores such as Walmart, Target, or Amazon, you can download their app that might offer additional discount for shopping.
6. Use The 30-Day Rule
The 30-day rule is letting an item in your shopping cart for a few weeks before purchasing it.
- Your habit of impulsive buying might get fixed using this rule
- You must give yourself a cooling period before buying items consecutively to avoid overspending.
You’ll understand in this cooling period that your item is worth buying or not.
You can adjust your cooling period according to your needs and finances.
Saving money must be incorporated into everyone’s life. You can steer your financial course in a better direction through this habit. The above mentioned tips might give you a financial edge if incorporated into one’s life.